2021-07-11T16:00:00Z → 2021-07-11T18:00:00Z
The IFVARB 2021 Summit is upon us as we celebrate our SIXTH (we counted wrong) get together with the community! Below you will find all of the important information in regards to gates, ATC, taxiways, arrival, departure, and more!
There is still time to sign up, though we have very limited gates that are available in Wave 2. If you wish to sign up, please visit our IFVARB Summit Thread.
|Airport ICAO||Airport Name||Region||Misc|
|LEMD||Madrid-Barajas Adolfo Suárez Airport||EU West||Airliners|
|LEGT||Getafe Air Base||EU West||Military|
|LEZL||Seville Airport||EU West||Feeder Airport*|
|LEMG||Málaga-Costa del Sol Airport||EU West||Feeder Airport*|
|LXGB||Gibraltar Airport||EU West||Feeder Airport*|
- Feeder Airport (*): We do not assign stands at these airports- they will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. Larger VAs may benefit from independently departing a different airport to better control arrival times. SID/STARs at these airports will be at ATC discretion. We expect all pilots to follow ATC instructions and demonstrate competent airmanship.
A message for VA/VO Staff
The Summit Main event provides an opportunity for a very real-world focused event with heavy traffic, detail, and a bit of fun for our community. Please be sure to read through all of the procedures and help your VA/VO’s become familiar with them. We made every attempt to group each VA/VO together, with heavy departures going together, and medium/small jets traveling together. Doing so, we hope that we can simplify the burden on our pilots to understand the instructions. There is very complex information, but it will help us stay organized in the process.
A special thanks
A special thanks goes out to everyone involved in planning and putting on this great event. From the @IFVARB Admins (self promotion there), to our event team with @Tajay, @Aceorbit, @JarrettFlies, @Thomas_G, and @Suhas - a lot of work went into the planning of this event. We also would like to thank @JoshFly8, @Tyler_Shelton, and the IFATC controllers for a great partnership in planning this event and coordinating the ATC services!
Below, you will find terminal information and gate assignments for each individual that signed up for the summit, their representing virtual airline/organization, as well as their aircraft that was chosen for the event, and the assigned pushback time. We were able to provide the primary choice of aircraft for more than 95% of the sign ups. However, a few aircraft selections had to be changed due to the amount of sign ups.
There will be TWO waves of departures in which each pilot has been assigned. Outside of a few anomalies or late sign ups, all VA/VO’s were grouped together in each wave. Wave 1 will take place between 1600z - 16:59z, while Wave 2 will take place between 1700z - 17:59z. There are a few fun filled events taking place during the event, so please be patient. There will likely be long lines and expected delays.
More than 90% of our attendees are flying both in and out of our event. Due to the restrictions and timing of the full event, we have NOT scheduled the arrival time. However, we are asking that all transient aircraft (those flying in and out) arrive to the airport AT LEAST 20 minutes prior to their departure so they can properly plan their trek out of LEMD. Routes for the IFVARB Summit are up to the individual VA/VO’s, as well as the pilots to choose.
Obviously with a high-traffic area with lots of events taking place in a single location, it is very likely we’ll have other traffic in and out of the area. Please be patient. This is why we are asking all pilots to arrive early and spawn in early into their gate. If you are a member of Wave 2, and your gate is still occupied by Wave 1 pilots, that spot will free up shortly after their departure time. We will have a few overflow parking spots available, however DO NOT spawn into another gate that is not yours unless instructed to do so from your VA staff with the clearance of an IFVARB admin. We have every single gate that will fit a heavy assigned, so by you moving one spot, it will hurt our gate assignments
With more than 220 aircraft to orchestrate, obviously gates are at a premium! Due to how the event has been created, we ask that once you have arrived to your gate, that you spend no more than 10 minutes in that location if you are not going to be departing back out. We will have dedicated spectator stands available that you will be able to spawn into and watch the festivities.
While a single sign up was done to verify eligibility, pilots can choose to arrive or depart from LEDM using the colors of their choosing. We ask that you represent the VA you signed up with for one of your legs as each VA approved your sign up :)
Open to view Frequently Asked Questions!
In process of populating this section
- Two published plans have been designed (Plan Alpha and Plan Bravo) and we will announce which plan is effective on the day of the event.
- Despite being intricate, the ground procedures are designed to sustain efficient traffic flow. Please have the ground charts either memorized or handy to prevent gross navigational errors on the ground.
- We expect pilots to follow all SIDs and STARs to maintain separation. We recommend programming in an approach but be prepared for vectors from radar control in the approach phase.
- Please ensure that you are parking on the correct lines.
- Please note that the stand code refers to that of your stand. Please ensure that you select an aircraft that will fit.
- Please time your arrivals/departures accordingly. We are anticipating an average of 120 movements per hour, so late arrivals may cause undue delays
- If you have any questions or concerns about the procedures, please reach out to @ IFVARB and @ JoshFly8.