110,000+ passengers stranded - London Gatwick (Normal Operations resumed)(arrested pair no longer suspects)

Well if you have a few batteries, and you’re charging a few while you depleat one, if you have enough of them, it’s concevible to fly continuously. I’d say the nearly 24 hour nature of this points to multiple people more than anything else to me, I’d say it’s likely that there are multiple people…

1 Like

Good point, I had not thought of that

1 Like

I dont think that would be a good idea, especially over or anywhere near a city the size of London. Plus its kind of overkill to shoot an entire missle at it. Its like shooting a rabid dog with an RPG just because it caused a little panic in the neighborhood.

2 Likes

At least I think continued flight is possible, I’ve done the math on the batteries at least and with 5-6 batteries on a Phantom you should be able to go more or less continuously…

Not being funny but what Drone can fly for over 24 hours? There’s been very little footage of this drone so far, they have to be recharging or something somewhere or they are large military style drones. 24 hours even if hovering is a long long time for a drone.

1 Like

Mobile recharging I assume. I put some details about the drone in my news article. It goes into detail about the situation. (Not self-promotion, don’t worry.) Link is below.

1 Like

From what I have heard. They are not hobby grade drones. They are more of industrial grade drones. Possibly homemade.
download%20(1)
Kind of like this.

1 Like

Well, I just did the math on that make since I knew the numbers, I presume the concept could be applied to anything…

@Josh_Mcmunn it’s not flying continuously, I’m 99.999% sure, it’s been swapping batteries, or swapping drones in some way…

1 Like

The drone is only there every few hours for about 10 minutes. Whenever they are going to reopen it comes out.

1 Like

Well, we only know when it’s spotted, I’d say it wouldn’t be too hard to lost track of one small drone across a whole airport…

There is no way that any drone would ever be able to fly for 24 hours with our current tech.

As I, and others have said a few times I think, I don’t think anyone is saying it’s flown continuously that time, it’s defense swapping batteries, or the whole drone…

2 Likes

They easily can.

1 Like

Maybe a military drone can, but no average consumer drone will be able to last nearly that long.
At least not a modified drone…

I think it is highly likely this is an organized, planned event. I think that the perpetrators could have maybe 2-4 drones that they are rotating to maintain the disruption. Again, just a theory.

1 Like

I mean every time I get on my IPad or phone, or turn on the TV, to check the news, or check IFC, or whatever, I’m like, ok, it’s over now, no way it’s not, and guess what? It’s not, this is actually insane…

1 Like

According to the daily mail. They have had the best and most up to date news so far so take it as you like, they say it’s likely a very clever person with hacking capabilities and possibly a phd. Pretty much a snowflake who doesn’t get his own way regarding airport development. Plus they think the drone is industrial so it’s essentially the diameter of the engine creating a far greater risk to an aircraft.

1 Like

Ok, maby I’m just dumb, or missing something, but if I live near gatwick right now, and my neighbor lands an industrial drone in his yard, the cops are going to know, I mean how is he hiding that when everyone’s looking?

3 Likes

Who knows…let’s be real here though. The police in this country are very good at what they do, if they haven’t found them nor with the help of the military then this must be bigger then they are letting on. Must be someone who has thought this all out, the military are trying to use experimental technology from what I gathered from Gavin the defence secretary but even then he didn’t disclose why they were called in.

2 Likes