10JUN20 / 1800Z - Porter Escapes: New York! (FINISHED) @CYTZ - KEWR

We are an IFVARB certified VA.

Welcome to Porter Escapes

Our most popular and frequent live server event series, we present you Porter Escapes! In these events, we travel around Canada with our Q400s on official Porter routes (including terminated and seasonal), exploring different cities each time and showcasing our daily operations. VirtualPorter members will receive 1 PDgold point as a reward for participating. All members on the IFC are also welcome.

Date and time: 2020-06-10T18:00:00Z

Server: Expert

Region: Ontario (Canada), New York (U.S.A)

Aircraft: Dash-8 Q400 (Porter livery)

Airports: CYTZ and KEWR

Why are we hosting this event? Because it marks the beginning of the 3rd generation of this Porter VA! We’re back and better than ever. To celebrate, we decided to take our trustworthy Q400 from downtown Toronto to New York City. Times Square, the Statue of Liberty, the Empire State Building…there’s so much to see! As always, we require our pilots to follow safety procedures when on any flight, to ensure that the event runs smoothly and there are no accidents. On the date of the event, all participants are added to an IFC group message where pilots will be briefed on the FPL, flight procedures, etc. @Charlieab29 has kindly taken the time to be the event leader, so follow his instructions when the day comes! Remember, Billy Bishop Airport only has 10 gates available, so sign up quick before they’re all taken.

Gates Pilot
Gate 1 @Preston_D
Gate 2 @cptlogue
Gate 3 @Pingu
Gate 4 @MisterButler
Gate 5 @Snow_Cone
Gate 6 @Charlieab29
Gate 7 @ThomasThePro
Gate 8 @leonard_telemaque
Gate 9 @dca.iad.aviation
Gate 10 @joshgreedy1

Visit our website here. You can also follow us on Instagram by clicking right here.

6 Likes

Ooh, I’ll sign up. I always used to see Porter at EWR, but I never actually knew where they flew in from.

4 Likes

I’ll take a gate! ;)

3 Likes

You know what? I’ll take a gate. idc whether I should be sleeping or not

cuz the love for the Q400 is real 😍

1 Like

I’ll take a gate :)

2 Likes

@Pingu Yes! Porter have bases at Toronto City, Ottawa and Halifax (as well as a crew base at Thunder Bay!)… you can read more about the airline here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porter_Airlines

Glad to be hosting this event! Sure will be lots of fun. See you all there! ❤️ 🗽

2 Likes

I’ll take a gate!

3 Likes

I’ll try and sign up!

3 Likes

I’m down, put me in any gate :D

3 Likes

I’ll take this gate!

3 Likes

One gate left! Pleased to see this fill up so quick :D

2 Likes

I would like to take the last gate!

3 Likes

Welcome to the community! @leonard_telemaque

Honored for your first post to be on our event! 🙂
Can’t wait to see you there

4 Likes

Just wondering what timezone because I’m in EDT.

2 Likes

@leonard_telemaque if I am correct, it should display the time in YOUR time zone on the thread, so no need to worry about any conversions

2 Likes

Okay, Thanks!

2 Likes

Since there’s no more gates left, could I take a GA plane with you guys?

3 Likes

Of course you can! Just make sure to follow procedures to ensure everyone’s safety

2 Likes

Thanks you very much!

2 Likes

T-3 days until liftoff

Yes, only 3 days remaining until we takeoff to Newark! To all the members that signed up, now is your chance to confirm whether you are able to attend the event. If not, feel free to post below and we will remove you from the respective gate. To everyone else, you will be added to a IFC group chat on the day of the event, where important flight details will be shared. Hopefully you’re excited, because we sure are! We mentioned this on the main post above, but this is our first Porter Escapes event in many months. We hope to continue hosting more events like this, to showcase our awesome day-to-day operations as well as the unique destinations we serve.

Visit our website here. You can also follow us on Instagram by clicking right here.

3 Likes