10h Flight - How much data did I use? [68.7MB!]

Hi All,

I know some have been concerned about data usage when not on wifi, and there’s an excellent thread here with more info:

Data Consumption for Streaming of Scenery

Well, after resetting my statistics, running IF from LFPG-MMUN, I was happily surprised to find ONLY 68.7MB of data used in my 10:00 hour session. Before flying, I had all aircraft downloaded. I also entered a controlled space at MMUN, which may have added some data.

Screenshot below:

IMG_7824

I noticed great connectivity through the flight and no weird freezes. I hope this is helpful to the community.

Happy flying everyone!

AFKLM234 // Tristan777

17 Likes

Wow that isn’t that much!

4 Likes

That isn’t much at all. I used in total 139 GB mobile data (not Incl. IF) last month.

2 Likes

That’s great to know. You are right, many people ask this question so now we can give accurate information. Nice stuff :)

2 Likes

My god… My family’s plan before unlimited was 16 GB…

And I thought that was a lot.

2 Likes

I pay about $29 a month for unlimited mobile data in Switzerland

2 Likes

I’m moving to Switzerland now.

6 Likes

Wow, I have 10GB a month and that’s because I’m lucky, it should be 2GB but they offer free data for those who have broadband.

2 Likes

They even offer for $69.90 a month unlimited data in most of europe and the US + Canada.

Here is a link of you would like to look.
https://www.salt.ch/en/

1 Like

holy crap, thats insane

2 Likes

And now imagine what number IF TOP players have 🤔

P.S. 13,000+ hours

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.