108th wing Boeing KC-135R Stratotanker orientation flight!

Yesterday April 11th, 2023. I went on my first ever Boeing KC-135R Stratotanker for the New Jersey Air National Guard. The aircraft I went on was 62-3508, a 108th wing Boeing KC-135. We departed McGuire, (after the 1st attempt was a fail, as the plane underwent 13 months of maintenance, and the pilots window wouldn’t close while we held short of runway 23). We departed after fixing said window, rocketed up to FL270, went down over the coast all the way to North Carolina, turned toward the ocean, and the rest you’ll have to see for yourselves! I know I haven’t been on here a lot, and this is what has been making me busy, welcome to AFJROTC, where this is where I got the opportunity of a lifetime, to fly on the KC-135 for the first, but also last time. The pictures will explain the pure professionalism and experience of how aerial refueling is really done.

Hope you enjoyed these photos in sharing, as this was the best w experience I’ve had in my entire life. Never would I have thought that I would be going up in a KC-135 and refueling a Boeing C-17A Globemaster III at 27,000 ft above the Atlantic. My first, but last ever flight in the KC135, sure was special.

34 Likes

i never seen better pictures

2 Likes

Thanks bro! Never taken such beautiful pictures of any aircraft before.

wow that seems like such a great experience! especially the refueling

2 Likes

It sure as heck was one experience to never forget, one of my best flights in an aircraft yet, although it was a rough approach, as the autopilot was turned off at 10,000 ft above Delaware’s coast, so the plane was hand flown last 15 or so minutes of the flight. Very bumpy, especially during the landing phase. Felt like the wind gusts were so strong we pulled negative G’s a few times thats how violent it was.

1 Like

What bummer Still never seen better pictures. Do you have jet photo account?

1 Like

Yep, I do! I can send you a link via DM if you want to have a look.

1 Like

Infinite flight needs a kc-135

2 Likes

Fr, I’d fly 15 times daily if it was in the game, after that flight I really got close with the aircraft lol.

2 Likes

Yes, I would like that I would like to see the pictures

1 Like

I bet haha

1 Like

So awesome, bet you had so much fun.

1 Like

Roger that, coming your way in DMs soon.

It was an amazing experience! Besides the little window issue right before takeoff it was overall the best flight, I have been on in my life. Just getting to see that as a 16-year-old and to see someone that most Americans don’t ever get to see in their lifetime makes it even more special to me.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.