10 Year Old Boy Starts Airline, Gets Advice from Qantas CEO

Alex Jacquot, a 10 year old AvGeek from Australia has decided that, along with his best friend, he is going to start his own airline; Oceania Express.

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/national-international/Quantas-CEO-Alan-Joyce-Invites-10-Year-Old-Who-Started-His-Own-Airline-to-Meet-Him-506982671.html

Please Take Me Seriously is what he told Alan Joyce in a letter to the Qantas CEO.

Mr Joyce Responded, saying;

I’m not typically in the business of giving advice to my competitors. But I’m going to make an exception on this occasion, because I too was once a young boy who was so curious about flight and it’s possibilities.

According to Alex, the Co-Founder and CEO of Oceania Express, he would like to purchase a fleet of Airbus A350s and fly them direct from Sydeny/Melbourne to London, rivaling Qantas’ Project Sunrise, which has the aim to do just that.

Alex said when he opened the envelope “I quickly read it and I was so excited I was running around the house for ten minutes.”

61 Likes

This is just incredible!!

7 Likes

Wow that is so cool!

5 Likes

So sweet and heartwarming. Just what I needed to brighten my day

7 Likes

Aww. This is actually very heartwarming.

If only I could start up my own airline… 😂

The best part was:

Honestly, I could see this “airline” being a start up in the future. 🤗

8 Likes

Wow this is just next level stuff😎 good on him!

I am trying the same sort of thing with the CEO of Alaska Airlines. Fingers crossed.

2 Likes

Reminds me of a few ifc threads haha

3 Likes

I would not be surprised if somebody invests into this company and makes it a reality… Awesome read and awesome kid.

2 Likes

I wish I had a friend/friends that would start an airline with me… 😂

Such a sweet story. Would be excited as well!

1 Like

Cute story…;)

1 Like

I would love for this airline to succeed! :D

An airline that is started by someone younger than I am XD

they better go to SJC XD

Kudos to this little boy for his determination and passion! :D

3 Likes

What a cool story! In some years, we will have Oceania Express livery in IF ;)

2 Likes

My backpain is killing me but this just made it dissapear. I hope his dream becomes a reality in the future. Wth such high ambitions I dearly hope that Oceania Express becomes reality ❤️

1 Like

This is a great story! Thanks for sharing this.

1 Like

I’m voting for this livery for the A350 💪🏻👍🏻👍🏻🤙🏻

2 Likes

Pretty cool of him to take the A350…
He must be one lucky kid!

Cute story
But why would the kid take the ugliest jet there is???

1 Like

Because opinions are subjective. Everyone on earth thinks and believes a little different from one another. You and I may have the same idea but the core reason and how we got to and what we think of that idea will differ. The same goes for opinions. 100 people can say the A350 is ugly, but their reasons will differ, what they feel about the A350 will differ, the core of their view on the A350 will differ.

So because you find the design or other aspects of the Airbus A350 ugly, the little kid does not. To him from wat it looks like, the A350 is a airplane to serve the customers flying with Oceania Express.

Your opinion is yours and will be different from his. His opinion is different from yours and therefore he likes it. But opinions and views change so who knows what you, I or him will think of the A350 in the future.

Remember that anything subjective will never be the same as yours. Deep inside there will always be something to set your ideas, thoughts and opinions from other even if they seem similar on the surface 🙂

1 Like