10 minutes of advanced ground ATC during the FNF.

During the latest FNF, I spent a good three hours working ground on advanced. I recorded about 10 minutes of my session and added some notes. My goal was to show what advanced ATC goes through as well as point some items out for both pilots and potential ATC members.

I am not a trainer, scout, moderator, or even a perfect controller. I just wanted to show a peek behind the curtain of advanced ATC.

Thank you and enjoy.

24 Likes

What was with your airport textures? Was it because you were using the computer. Good video though.

2 Likes

What do you mean? I was using the tower view so not sure. Is something missing?

1 Like

What device were you using? Very nice controlling by the way!

1 Like

What device were you using. There was a pointer on the screen

1 Like

Pointer = computer of course

2 Likes

But how? That’s the question.

1 Like

Obviously a computer.

2 Likes

I use Andy Android emulator. Works well with Windows 10.

3 Likes

What he said ^^^

1 Like

Thank you for this crucial look! I appreciate what you have done to open the eyes of our community and fully appreciate the IFATC

7 Likes

There is usually grass between the runway and main taxiway.

Thanks for this little snippet, it really highlights the level of decision making required when you’re shuffling a lot of traffic around.

Thanks Riley, never really noticed before. Must be because I was using it on a computer. Even a second emulator I tried has it look like all concrete. I will see if I can find out why. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.