10 A220 Routes Under 500 Miles

There’s nothing quite like a new aircraft in Infinite Flight, and the A220 is no exception. It became an instant favorite of mine with the first flight, and has become my go-to as the year comes to a close.

Like myself, many of you lead hectic lives with busy work schedules that make completing long-haul flights next to impossible. I’ve spent a significant amount of time researching realistic short-haul flights that I can finish within my time constraints. With most of the new and reworked aircraft being heavies, this has proved a challenge for me. The notable exception to this being the 757 which is legendary for its flexibility and multitude of uses.

The A220 has solved this dilemma for me, and I have compiled 10 routes that are currently or have previously been flown by this aircraft. These routes are all under 500 miles, and can all be flown in less than 90 minutes. They represent a great diversity of places, and I’ve thoroughly enjoyed flying them in my limited spare time. I know one of the biggest selling points of the A220 is it’s range, but I’m glad it’s also being utilized on these shorter routes, ones that I can actually complete.

This is a truly versatile aircraft, and it’s setting the bar high for its competition. A big thanks to the Infinite Flight team for bringing us another beautiful, high-quality aircraft. Enjoy flying these A220 routes, and please leave your suggestions for others in the comments below. And to all of my fellow pilots, Happy New Year.

Air Austral

St. Denis (FMEE) - Port Louis (FIMP)

144 mi/232 km - Flying Time: 46 min

The short flight from Réunion to Mauritius offers a beautiful mix of scenery, from vast volcanic mountains to the crystal blue waters of the Indian Ocean.

Korean Air

Busan (RKPK) - Jeju (RKPC)

181 mi/291 km - Flying Time: 50 min

From Busan, the country’s second largest city, to Jeju, a locally favorite holiday destination, this is one of the most popular A220 routes in South Korea.

JetBlue

Boston (KBOS) - New York (KLGA)

185 mi/297 km - Flying Time: 50 min

With some of the busiest airspace in the US, this route is great for pilots wanting more live ATC experience, or attempting the expressway visual approach.

Air Canada

Ottawa (CYOW) - Toronto (CYYZ)

226 mi/364 km - Flying Time: 55 min

Departing southwest from the capital, this route follows the northern shore of Lake Ontario with an arrival at Canada’s busiest airport in just under an hour.

EgyptAir

Cairo (HECA) - Sharm El Sheikh (HESH)

234 mi/376 km - Flying Time: 56 min

From Egypt’s largest city, travelers fly aboard modern A220s to this coastal resort town, located between the desert of the Sinai Peninsula and the Red Sea.

Air Baltic

Riga (EVRA) - Helsinki (EFHK)

238 mi/382 km - Flying Time: 56 min

Flying over Estonia and the Gulf of Finland, this route follows a northerly path, then crosses the Scandinavian coast before landing at this Nordic capital.

SWISS

Zurich (LSZH) - Nice (LFMN)

271 mi/436 km - Flying Time: 1 hr

This route first crosses the majestic Swiss Alps before descending into the French Riviera, or Côte d’Azur, ending with a beautiful approach along the Mediterranean Sea.

Delta

Salt Lake City (KSLC) - Denver (KDEN)

391 mi/629 km - Flying Time: 1 hr 14 min

The A220 has seen regular service on this route, which offers spectacular views of the southern Rocky Mountains, part of a range that stretches 3,000 miles.

Flying Time: 1 hr 14 min

Air France

Paris (LFPG) - Milan (LIML)

401 mi/645 km - Flying Time: 1 hr 15 min

This route, between two renowned European cultural centers, promises both rich history and iconic architecture to passengers traveling aboard the newest member of the airline’s fleet.

Air Tanzania

Dar es Salaam (HTDA) - Nairobi (HKJK)

413 mi/665 km - Flying Time: 1 hr 16 min

As part of a recently expanded network, new A220s operate twice daily flights to neighboring Kenya, reopening this popular route to both local travelers and tourists.

12 Likes

A nice and interesting list, thanks a lot! I’ll do some of those soon.

1 Like

Did that route a few weeks ago. I encountered some gnarly turbulence on the way altitude deviations of 15-20ft which is quite a bit for IF.

1 Like