1 Year on the IFC

1 year and 2 days ago today, I had the incredible idea of creating an account on the Infinite Flight Community. (I thought my anniversary of joining the community was June 26, not 24, so that’s why I’m 2 days late) When I say this was an incredible idea, I mean it. I met so many great people here, albeit in a virtual setting and without seeing many of their faces. The beginning of the pandemic was a very tough time for many people, including myself, and these people helped me get through it with a smile instead of a frown. I would list all of them, but there are too many people to count. Anybody that joined one of my events, anybody that interacted with me in a Discord server or a PM, you make the IFC the wonderful place that it is. I truly have yet to encounter a nasty person on this forum. To the people that I am referring to, thank you, and you know who you are.

Now some of you may have noticed that the last time I posted was in late December of 2020. Some of you may have not noticed. Some of you may be relieved to see that I am inactive, although I hope that doesn’t apply to anybody. The reason I became inactive is not because of the IFC or the people here. Long story short, I broke my elbow in November and needed surgery which put my right arm out of commission for multiple months. I was unable to fly in Infinite Flight for that time period, so I canceled my subscription and eventually just lost interest. IF was truly a passion of mine from about April up until early November when I got injured, and it disappoints me that I just don’t have any interest in using the app anymore.

1 year seems like a long time, but in reality it is not. The average American lives for 78 years. One year is just over 1% of an average American’s life. But in this year I made so many memories. Not only from flying with friends, but also just chatting. I joined an Infinite Flight Discord server where I was able to talk about politics with other members which was very fun. I am currently in a fantasy baseball league with members from the IFC. And I still check in now and then to the multiple PM’s that I am a part of. I hope I created some memories from anything from an event I hosted or maybe just interacting with someone during an IFC game time.

I don’t know how active I will be looking into the future, but I felt that this post was necessary as a thank you to the IFC for providing me with a place to help get me through the difficulty of the pandemic. So thank you.

32 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.