08JUL21 / 1800Z - US West and US East Takeover: Linking the South

US West and US East IFATC Region Collaboration Event

This week, it’s a collaboration event with the popular US West and US East regions, as we head down to the southern part of the country. In this event, we’ll be linking two of the busiest hubs in the region, Houston and Atlanta, with a few secondary airports in the area. The primary route, KIAH-KATL, clocks in at just under two hours, with full ATC service along the 628 mile journey.

Airports

Airport ICAO Airport Name Location
KIAH [HUB] George Bush Intercontinental Airport Houston, Texas
KATL [HUB] Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport Atlanta, Georgia
KAUS Austin-Bergstrom International Airport Austin, Texas
KBNA Nashville International Airport Nashville, Tennessee
KPNS Pensacola International Airport Pensacola, Florida
KOKC Will Rogers World Airport Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
KMEM Memphis International Airport Memphis, Tennessee

Routes

Departure ICAO Arrival ICAO Flight Time Livery
KIAH KATL 1:30 DL 739, UA E170, UA 737, UA 738, NK A320
KAUS KATL 1:55 DL A321, NK A320, WN 737, WN 738
KOKC KATL 1:45 DL 712, DL A320, WN 737
KBNA KATL 0:35 DL 739, WN 737, WN 738
KBNA KIAH 1:55 UA E170, UA A320, WN 737
KAUS KIAH 0:30 UA E170, UA 737, UA 738, UA 739, UA A320
KOKC KIAH 1:00 UA E170, UA CRJ7
KPNS KATL 0:40 DL 739, DL A320, DL A321, WN 737
KPNS KIAH 1:35 UA E170

Staffing

Airport ATIS Ground Tower Approach Departure
KIAH @Piazza @Piazza @Piazza
KATL @RTG113 @RTG113 @RTG113 @Aceorbit @Aceorbit
KAUS @Sammi_Starlight @Sammi_Starlight @Sammi_Starlight
KBNA @MJP_27 @MJP_27 @MJP_27
KPNS
KOKC
KMEM @SB110 @SB110 @SB110

Fort Worth Center:
Houston Center:
Memphis Center:
Atlanta Center:
Jacksonville Low Center:

If you would like to participate in this event as a controller, please message either @Thunderbolt (US West) or @AviationReports (US East) in the corresponding briefing room channel.

This event is run by IFATC, specifically the controllers of the US West and US East IFATC regions. Thank you to the controllers that participate in these events, and thank you to @sqeezelemon for assistance with the top banner. Pilots, thank you for your support, and we look forward to seeing you there!

10 Likes

To everyone waiting for the US East Takeover, this will be in replacement of this weeks event.

2 Likes

Lol I legit just flew KATL-KIAH great route and a smooth ride today it was about an hour 25 minutes wheels up to wheels down I’ll sign up for this after I get my grade 3 back

1 Like

I’m gonna be flying out of PNS in a few days, it’s actually a nice airport been there a few times.

This event has been postponed to a date to be determined next week due to a lack of interest from the recent 21.3 update.

Stay tuned for the postponement date coming your way as soon as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Update: Event canceled, we apologize for the inconvenience. In the meantime, check out the latest US East Takeover. Thanks!

2 Likes

Cancelled. Closed upon request.