08JUL20 / 1700Z - Low Fares, Who Cares! Ryanair Flyout @EGSS

Ryanair Flyout @EGSS

Hello and welcome to my second event. Today, with this event, I’m going to be promoting a, quite unpopular, idea. That being: Ryanair’s landings are not that bad! Why, you ask? Well, I’m going to try to explain in this topic.
I will be hosting a flyout in Ryanair’s biggest hub, London Stansted, on the 8th of July. This day will mark 35 years of Ryanair being in operation. We will take our Ryanair 737s, and land them all over Europe. Butter, or not butter, we will put the aircraft, safely, in the touchdown zone. If we can’t don that, we go around.

Event Details

Date & Time: 081700ZJUL20 2020-07-08T17:00:00Z
Airport: London Stansted (STN/EGSS)
Server: Expert Server
Aircraft Type: Boeing B737-800
Livery: Ryanair

So, what’s up with the landings?
  1. As many of us know, Ryanair is a low-cost carrier. This plays a critical role in there landings. Firstly, they mainly flt to secondary airports, apposed to the major international airports occupied by the flag carriers. In these smaller airports, the runway is often slightly or greatly shorter. This means the pilot flying has less time to flare and let the plane float. If he/she floats to long, it could potentially cause a runway overrun, which usually isn’t the best thing to happen :)
  2. Due to the airline’s rapid expansion, new pilots are often needed. Ryanair takes on many low-hour pilots, as low as 250 hours - which I now sounds crazy to you Americans with your 1500hrs rule! Of course, a newer pilot is more likely to make a suttle mistake, that could possibly lead to a firm landing. Also, as a side note, notice how I use the word “firm”, instead of “hard” or “bad”? We’ll get to that shortly.
  3. The 25 minute turnaround. Ryanair, again being a low-cost carrier, has a very short turn around time of only 25 minutes. Although on Infinite Flight, to you, that might seem like ages, in reality, it’s not. This means the pilot might land firmly to make one of the first exits which might be closer to there desired stand. The sooner they touchdown, the sooner they can begin to decelerate to exit the runway. They don’t want to end up on the other side of the airport, or worse, have to go around causing a delay.
  4. The media - once people started to notice a trend, it became just that, a trend. This means that people only talk about “hard” landings in association with Ryanair. That only fuels the fire, and spreads the publicity.
  5. Ryanair operate only the B737-800. Typically, the larger widebody aircraft are easier to lanf smoothly. On the other hsnd, the 737 is notoriously hard to land smoothly. The aircraft was designed to be much shorter than it is todsy. This can cause firm landings because the Flight characteristics are slightly different to how the aircraft was designed.

So, what is this whole firm vs hard business then? Well, a hard landing is defined as a touxh down that exceeds 2.1g. That’s a lot. It’s 2.1 times your body weight produced on landing! Although you may think that super rough landing that happened on your last flight was hard, it probably wasn’t. Some of these might not even be hard landings - sorry for the 15 seconds of absolute classic YouTube animation and standard copyright free music lol it isn’t my video😂!

Am I saying that Ryanair doesn’t have hard landings? No, not at all. I’ve seen the videos on YouTube. I’ve been on Ryanair flights. But at the end of the day, what’s the title of this event? No airline will compromise safety over a bit of butter. In most cases, a firm landing is safer than a float. I understand many of us will disagree on this. But, just take a moment now, to think…
If you were a Ryanair pilot, you had 250 hours in a Piper Seneca, and you keep seeing all these comments like “I feel sorry for Ryanair landing gears lolol🤣”. What would you be thinking/feeling? Ryanair pilot’s shouldn’t have the reputation they have. I honestly feel sorry for all the “jokes” they must see.

Anyway, let’s get on with the event!

It’s Time To Choose A Gate

Reply Below with your requested stand number, and pick anyRyanair destination. All flights are Ryanair 737-800s. I have provided a list under this with all the Ryanair destinations from Stansted, according to there website. They are ordered by country (A-Z).

Stand Destination Pilot
A01 LFGJ @Alexian61
A02 EVRA @Tsumia
A03 LFMN @Pingu
A04 EINN @Kuba_Jaroszczyk
A05 LFLC @saam
A06 LPFR @FloAviation
A07 EIKY @Igor_M
A08 EHEH @InfiniteFlightDeck
A09 EICK @Patrick_McCormack
A10 LZIB @GameBoy_KIRB
A11 LFMN @Prerb
A12 LEJR @Jaimexerez2000
A13 LRCL @Udeme_Ekpo
A14 LGAV @Captain-787
A15 GCLP @Liam_Gardener
B20 LKPR @BritishAirways001
B21 EDDF @The_Homeless_Dorito
B22 EGPH @AGSilver_04
B23 LEAM @Lerone_18
B24 EDDN @Tyler_Copeland
B25 EKCH @charrison
C30 EHPH @ThomasThePro
C31 LEPA @AviationFreak
C32 LYPG @AviatorNikola
C33 LYPG @AmarKoric11
C34 ZZZZ TBD
C40 ZZZZ TBD
C41 ZZZZ TBD
X42 ZZZZ TBD
X43 ZZZZ TBD
C44 ZZZZ TBD
C45 ZZZZ TBD
C50 ZZZZ TBD
C51 ZZZZ TBD
C52 ZZZZ TBD
C53R ZZZZ TBD
C53L ZZZZ TBD
D61 ZZZZ TBD
D62 ZZZZ TBD
D63 ZZZZ TBD
D64R ZZZZ TBD
D64L ZZZZ TBD
D65R ZZZZ TBD
D65L ZZZZ TBD
D70 ZZZZ TBD
D71 ZZZZ TBD
D72 ZZZZ TBD
D73 ZZZZ TBD
D74 ZZZZ TBD
E83L ZZZZ TBD
E83R ZZZZ TBD
E84L ZZZZ TBD
E84R ZZZZ TBD
E85L ZZZZ TBD
E85R ZZZZ TBD
List Of Destinations From Stansted (Country A-Z)

Austria 🇦🇹

• Salzburg
  • Vienna

Bulgaria 🇧🇬

• Plovdiv
  • Sofia

Croatia 🇭🇷

• Pula
  • Rijeka
  • Zadar

Cyprus 🇨🇾

• Paphos

Czech Republic 🇨🇿

• Brno
  • Ostrava
  • Prague

Denmark 🇩🇰

• Aalborg
  • Aarhus
  • Billund
  • Copenhagen

Estonia 🇪🇪

• Tallinn

France 🇫🇷

• Bergerac
  • Beziers
  • Biarritz
  • Bordeaux
  • Brive
  • Carcassonne
  • Clermont
  • Dinard
  • Dole
  • Grenoble
  • La Rochelle
  • Limoges
  • Lourdes
  • Marseille
  • Nantes
  • Nice
  • Nimes
  • Perpignan
  • Poitiers
  • Rodez
  • Strasbourg
  • Toulouse
  • Tours Loire Valley

Germany 🇩🇪

• Berlin Schönefeld
  • Bremen
  • Cologne
  • Dortmund
  • Dresden
  • Dusseldorf Weezed
  • Frankfurt International
  • Hamburg
  • Karlsruhe / Baden-Baden
  • Memmingen
  • Nuremberg

Greece 🇬🇷

• Athens
  • Chania
  • Corfu
  • Kalamata
  • Kefalonia
  • Rhodes
  • Thessaloniki

Hungary 🇭🇺

• Budapest

Ireland 🇮🇪

• Cork
  • Dublin
  • Kerry
  • Knock
  • Shannon

Italy 🇮🇹

• Alghero
  • Ancona
  • Bari
  • Bologna
  • Brindisi
  • Cagliari
  • Comiso
  • Genoa
  • Lamezia
  • Milan Bergamo
  • Milan Malpensa
  • Naples
  • Palermo
  • Perugia
  • Pescara
  • Pisa
  • Rimini
  • Rome Ciampino
  • Trieste
  • Turin
  • Venice M.Polo
  • Verona

Latvia 🇱🇻

• Riga

Lithuania 🇱🇹

• Kaunas
  • Palanga
  • Vilnius

Luxembourg 🇱🇺

• Luxembourg

Malta 🇲🇹

• Malta

Montenegro 🇲🇪

• Podgorica

Morocco 🇲🇦

• Agadir
  • Essaouira
  • Fez
  • Marrakesh
  • Rabat

Netherlands 🇳🇱

• Eindhoven

Norway 🇳🇴

• Oslo
  • Oslo Torp

Poland 🇵🇱

• Bydgoszcz]
  • Gdansk
  • Katowice
  • Krakow
  • Lodz]
  • Olsztyn - Mazury
  • Poznan]
  • Rzeszow
  • Szczecin
  • Warsaw Modlin
  • Wroclaw

Portugal 🇵🇹

• Faro
  • Lisbon
  • Ponta Delgada
  • Porto
  • Terceira Lajes

Romania 🇷🇴

• Bucharest
  • Cluj

Slovakia 🇸🇰

• Bratislava

Spain 🇪🇸

• Alicante
  • Almeria
  • Barcelona
  • Barcelona Girona
  • Barcelona Reus
  • Castellon
  • Fuerteventura
  • Gran Canaria
  • Ibiza
  • Jerez
  • Lanzarote
  • Madrid
  • Malaga
  • Murcia International
  • Palma de Mallorca
  • Santander
  • Santiago
  • Seville
  • Tenerife South
  • Valencia
  • Zaragoza

Sweden 🇸🇪

• Göteborg Landvetter
  • Stockholm Skavsta
  • Stockholm Västerås

Switzerland 🇨🇭

• Basel

Ukraine 🇺🇦

• Kyiv
  • Lviv

United Kingdom 🇬🇧

• Belfast International
  • Edinburgh
NOTAM (Notice To Airmen)

It’s the expert server. Therefore, please follow all rules of the server. If you’re unfamiliar with the types of tules for the server, please, go look at the user guide :)
Remember, you never know where there might be an IFATC supervisor, or staff/moderator lurking in the shadows! I’m sure they will be armed with violations: so behave! IFATC is not planned or required, although it would be nice, Tyler 👀
Departure runway will be decided the day of the event. I do ask you use a SID on departure to maintain separation from others and keep it realistic. While you’re at it, why not make a ultrarealistic flight plan using Simbrief.com! In the days leading up to the event, I will make a group PM for us to communicate. In that PM, I will give further information. Do feel free to ask any questions! I’m also happy to try to answer any 737 questions!
🤔 anything else… 🤔, oh, of course, HAVE FUN!

Poll: do you prefer this idea of picking your destination? Or would you rather having a recommendation with your gate?

• I like picking my destination
  • Nah, just give us recommendations with our gates

0 voters

4 Likes

Can I have any gate to Rimini LIPR ? Sounds like a fun fly out!

1 Like

All yours! A01, if that’s ok

1 Like

I’ll take anything to EVRA, thanks!

Yep, A02 to EVRA

1 Like

Thank you!

Damn there are soooo many choices and routes that other airlines don’t do!
For example I like how they fly to every Polish city even to tiny airports like Bydgoszcz or Olsztyn that have only 5 gates 😂
Anyway give me a few hours to think, I’ll definitely sign up!

2 Likes

Any ideas where you want to go? @Igor_M

I wont be able to attend but about the video your “So, what’s up with the landings” section. The title of the video was “TOP 10 Extreme HARD Landings RYANAIR”, and out of all the landings on the video, 6 of them were Ryanair’s landings. The other 4 were Turkish’s and some other airline’s. You explained a lot of things well. Good job!! (I know that the video is someone else’s)

1 Like

Can i please have any gate to EDLV? Looks like a great event:)

1 Like

Thank you! I’ll add you in!

1 Like

I’ll take any gate to Shannon Airport (EINN), thanks! 🇮🇪

I’ve added you
A04 to Shannon

1 Like

Hi ! Can I have a gate to LFLC please

Sure, I’ll sign you up

1 Like

Thank you :-)

1 Like

Can I Have The One To Faro(Portugal)

1 Like

Yeah, of course! All yours!

Can I take any gate to Košice please? Thank you!

(Even though it is missing on the destination list 😦)

1 Like

What’s the ICAO code, do you know? I can’t find it for some reason.