06FEB22 / 1400Z - Flash Flight: Geneva Lever @ LEMD

Today we’re heading to gorgeous Geneva which is situated in the soaring alpine mountain range! Buckle up and be ready to use the “Geneva lever”. What is the Geneva lever? To be short and sweet, it’s the flight spoilers. Due to the terrain, pilots commonly use the them to help reduce their speed or increase their descent rate. With it being such a common procedure, pilots gave the lever a nickname!

IFATC will provide service where able, so remember to always be in contact with them if they are open. This includes centre and departure frequencies.

Be sure to post your best screenshots on Instagram or Twitter and tag us for a chance to have one featured on our social media pages. Simply tag us using @infiniteflight, or use hashtags #infiniteflight and #flashflight. We look forward to seeing all of your amazing photos! You can also follow us on YouTube where we live stream some of these events and occasionally host giveaways!

Event Specifics

Origin Airport Destination Airport Livery Aircraft Flight Duration Server
LEMD LSGG Iberia A321 2:00 Expert Server

LEMD EDIVA LARDA RONKO LATEK OBUTO GONUP TOU GAI MAKIL GONIM MEN MINDI VEROT LSGG

This event will be streamed live on YouTube. You can watch it below!

NOTAM: As this event is being hosted on the expert server we ask for your full cooperation with IFATC and to follow all expert server rules. Use of SIDs & STARs recommended. Most importantly, have fun!

19 Likes

Nice! Looks fun!

1 Like

Looking forward to this event. Happy to see it being streamed!

1 Like

I approve of the event name. If you never say Geneva Lever, you’re wrong!

Defo joining this one!

Oh bugger, I am on my way to Malaga rn. Well, I’ll spot you on the way 😉

Spawned in already :)

I’m on my way to Madrid from Los Angeles, so I’ll join when I have time!!

ATC should decrease the time between both take-offs, we wait too long to take off in any event, when the last one in line takes off already the first one is arriving at the destination, not funny at all.

Edit: I was 25 minutes in 1st in line waiting to take off, this will be the last event in which i will participate with so many people at the airport, the wait is too long for an airport like Madrid, 2 parallel runways to take off.

1 Like

@Bruno_Palma
This is a FF so what do you expect ?
There is Flow Control in use ….
Yes … LEMD has two runways but LSGG only one … so if you wait 30 min to depart or wait 30 min to land … makes no difference

2 Likes

@Luu
To be fair he does have a point, the departures were very slow and he made make each individual person line up and wait on the runway for 2-3mins before clearing them for takeoff so the wait was a little excessive between departures.

1 Like

American here. Where’s the rhyme? 😂

Nice stream!

Lovely stream ! And very nice flight !

1 Like

I took off not long after Dan’s and just landed would you believe, what’s crazy my replay file for that short hop is 240MB, loving the hectic skies!

Respect to the amazing tireless ATC team they’re still working this very moment looping masses of people around terrain lol! :D

1 Like