06AUG21 / 0600Z - Friday Night Flight: Long Live The Hub & Spoke @ Delta Hub Airports

Despite the shift away from the famous hub and spoke system in aviation, some airlines still operate the system to great effect. From Emirates to SAS and beyond, the full-service carriers still utilise the system frequently. Delta, one of the major US carriers, also operates a model with several large hubs around the USA.

This week’s FNF will be a festival of all things hub and spoke in the USA, with Delta hub airports open alongside several other large airports. All of these airports have A333 service with Delta, either as a hub location or as a destination from a hub.

IFATC will open these airports from 0600Z on Friday to 0600Z on Saturday, and you can use any of our established routes during the event!

What was the first slogan for Delta in 1929?

• The Airline Run by Professionals
  • Ready When You Are
  • Hospitality and Service from the Heart
  • Speed, Comfort and Safety

0 voters

So, post your best screenshots on Instagram or Twitter and tag us for a chance to have one featured on our social media pages. Simply tag us using @infiniteflight, or use hashtags #infiniteflight and #fridaynightflight. We look forward to seeing all your amazing photos! You can also follow us on Twitch and watch all our live streams each week!

Event Specifics

Server: Any
Aircraft: Any
Livery: Any

Begin - Friday 6th August @ 06:00 ZULU

End - Saturday 7th August @ 06:00 ZULU

August 6, 2021August 7, 2021

Airports
Airport ICAO Airport Name Location
KJFK New York USA
KBOS Boston USA
KPHX Phoenix USA
KMSP Minneapolis USA
KATL Atlanta USA
KDTW Detroit USA
KSLC Salt Lake City USA
KPDX Portland USA
PHNL Honolulu USA

NOTAMs Pattern work at ATC discretion. No local flying to hub airports from nearby airports. GA aircraft permitted at ATC discretion.

Established Routes
PHNL - KMSP: 7:30 Flight
Origin Airport Destination Airport Suggested Aircraft Suggested Airline Flight Duration
PHNL KMSP A333 Delta 7:30

PHNL MKK MAGGI TOADS 2306N/15636W APACK AUNTI HALLI HELOP HEKAB HEMLO EUG IMB BKE LKT BIL SACTI JELRO KEKPE 4434N/9628W UFFDA ERICX TORGY OFSON HMBRG CONIA ARJAE KMSP

KBOS - KATL: 2:15 Flight
Origin Airport Destination Airport Suggested Aircraft Suggested Airline Flight Duration
KBOS KATL A333 Delta 2:15

KBOS BLZZR BAF BIGGO TRIBS 4138N/7322W BASYE DBABE LANNA PTW BYRDD HAAGN PENSY EMI CSN MOL FLASK YEOLD SCHUL TDUNN 3511N/8236W WLLSN MHONY TEDGE GBAKE WINNG OZZZI HAARY HRDEY KATL

KMSP - KPDX: 3:15 Flight
KMSP KPDX A333 Delta 3:15

KMSP INUNE DWN 4516N/9620W ABR MLS HLN MQG 4601N/11926W JORAD LUUND YENTL HHOOD BLRUN HANAH KPDX

KATL - KDTW: 1:30 Flight
KATL KDTW A333 Delta 1:30

KATL PADGT COLVN 3536N/8405W SMTTH CEMEX IBATE TONIO TAFTT JONEN DARYN SUBWY 4023N/8217W COLTZ BUCKN FIYUR CRAKN CLDON MERCA JELLY KDTW

KJFK - KPHX: 4:30 Flight
KJFK KPHX A333 Delta 4:30

KJFK DEEZZ HEERO KURNL CANDR NEWEL GYNTS DANNR 4041N/7623W FORTT DOOTH PSB MIDST TYSUN HAGUD CANCR DJB JERRI MAYZE NAPOL ASHEN GSH HOBAR JOT VORIN IOW CNOTA LNK HLC ALS RGINA PUMPS GUP KIRKM 3446N/10947W SLIDR TINIZ PAYSO EAGUL HOMRR JAMIL KPHX

100 Likes

So many long hauls to choose from! Should be great!

7 Likes

😻see you, I will flight JEDDAH 🇸🇦 to America 🇺🇸

3 Likes

As if KJFK wasn’t packed already…

19 Likes

JFK is gonna be so packed with planes it’ll be looking like IRL JFK during a February nor’easter.

For real, great airport picks, will be fun!

3 Likes

Of course I have Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday off from work but I have to work Friday… at least I’ll get to participate in the morning I guess 😫

2 Likes

Wow! Amazing FNF!

3 Likes

l will join

2 Likes

This looks so awesome FNF in America Now that’s what I’m talking about Misha thx!

2 Likes

We’re just going to ignore that random post from the VA account and move along with our lives…

anyways…

Delta day always bring a tear to the eyes! see yall in the skies

5 Likes

Atlanta is going to be packed!

2 Likes

Nice! Hope my iPad doesn’t crash on final 😂

3 Likes

This is gonna be AMAZING! I love Delta!

1 Like

The JFK to PHX route is gonna be wild!

2 Likes

Indeed it is as well as JFK-BOS.

1 Like

DTW my home airport I’ll be there

1 Like

YYYYEEESSSSS Really happy for KATL to be featured it could see some good flow of traffic!!!

2 Likes

Love to see KATL on the FNF chart! Keep a lookout for 4L-LEWIS 👀

2 Likes

ATTENTION all pilots. Clear cache’s for this one and restart devices before proceeding

2 Likes