05JUL21 / 0600Z - GA Day: Palm Desert @ SoCal

It’s time for the monthly GA Day event, and we’re heading to SoCal! Home to a lovely mixture of small GA only airports, and larger mixed airports, there is something for everyone in the area. We’ll be located towards the south of the State, with airports in and around the Palm Desert. Make sure to adhere to TFRs, as some airports will be GA aircraft only! Oh, and KNUC will be open for the memories!

Event Details

This event in on the Expert Server and will last 24 hours. We hope you take full advantage of these events to practice important aspects of general aviation flying on Infinite Flight. This event allows you to practice on the reworked C172, XCub, and TBM-930, whilst also flying the C208 and SR22 aircraft alongside the Spitfire and P38.

Airports
Airport ICAO
KCRQ
KSMO
KPSP
KSEE
KPOC
KLGB
KSNA
KBUR
KVNY
KNUC
Event Specifics

Server: Any
Aircraft: C172, C208, SR22, XCub, Spitfire, P38 and TBM aircraft ONLY at airports with TFRs
Livery: Any

Begin - Monday 5th July @ 06:00 ZULU

End - Tuesday 6th July @ 06:00 ZULU

July 5, 2021July 6, 2021

NOTAMs Pattern work at ATC discretion. No commercial aircraft permitted at event airports. C172, C208, SR22, XCub, Spitfire, P38, and TBM aircraft only at select TFR airports. Failure to adhere to TFR will result in ATC report.

So, post your best screenshots on Instagram or Twitter and tag us for a chance to have one featured on our social media pages. Simply tag us using @infiniteflight, or use hashtags #infiniteflight and #GADay. We look forward to seeing all your amazing photos!

Tips from the User Guide!

Visual Flight Rules (VFR) are a set of regulations that must be followed by pilots when operating an aircraft visually; and specifically, in Visual Meteorological Conditions (VMC).

Flights conducted under VFR can only be operated if the weather conditions are suitable. This means the pilot must be able to:

1) navigate visually;

2) and ‘see & avoid’ obstacles such as terrain and other aircraft

63 Likes

GA day, lets gooooo

2 Likes

Looks nice! Can’t wait to join!! 👌

KNUC 😍

Good old day vibes coming out.

Thanks for this amazing GA day, Misha!

1 Like

Can’t decide if I want to control or fly in this event 😅

And what about doing both ? 😝 @Noah_Hunt

2 Likes

GA day in SoCal! This will be fun… can’t wait.

Will try to control something there 🙂

I just might, TBM never looked sexier, and I’ve been wanting to do a TBM flight for the last week or so, ever since I started using it at TT’s all the time

Nice theme! A note: in the “Airports” drop down menu, you listed KNVY but I think it should be KVNY (Van Nuys)?

I should thank @Laminar who pointed this out to me!!

This sounds awesome, looking forward to it!

Which airfield will have active TFR

Looks like the airports with TFRs are KBUR, KSMO, KPOC, KNUC, KCRQ, and KSEE.

Sounds fun!

Harrison Ford will be flying my aircraft into SNA

1 Like

Wow 😍!! Can’t wait to fly while looking at the wonderful scenery!

1 Like

What are you waiting for? lesgooooo

Awesome can’t wait I’m definitely gonna be flying in with that TBM-930 been waiting for the opportunity to roleplay a little as a corporate pilot would the citation be okay to use as well?

If the airport you’re flying at does not have a TFR, by all means, go ahead.