04OCT21 / 0600Z - GA Day: A Slice of Peruvian Paradise: @ Peru

It’s time for the monthly GA Day event, and we’re heading to Peru! A country scarred by the Andes mountain range running near to the coast, the views are always a pleasure. Airport elevation can be upwards of almost 11,000ft, so it’s also an area that can challenge even the best of pilots.

Please be aware of aircraft size restrictions in place at certain airports, and make sure to follow TFR guidance if present at the airport. Only general aviation aircraft are permitted at most event airports this week, so please read the TFRs located at each airport before flying to or from them.

Event Details

This event is on the Expert Server and will last 24 hours. We hope you take full advantage of these events to practice important aspects of general aviation flying on Infinite Flight. This event allows you to practice on the C172, XCub, and TBM-930, whilst also flying the C208 and SR22 aircraft alongside the Spitfire and P38.

Airports
Airport ICAO

SPYL
SPHI
SPJR
SPST
SPRU
SPCL
SPJC
SPHO
SPZO

Event Specifics

Server: Any
Aircraft: C172, C208, SR22, XCub, Spitfire, P38 and TBM aircraft ONLY unless stated in TFRs
Livery: Any

Begin - Monday 4th October @ 06:00 ZULU

End - Tuesday 5th October @ 06:00 ZULU

October 4, 2021October 5, 2021

NOTAMs Pattern work at ATC discretion. C172, C208, SR22, XCub, Spitfire, P38, and TBM aircraft only at most airports. Follow all ATC guidance regarding aircraft size enforcement.

So, post your best screenshots on Instagram or Twitter and tag us for a chance to have one featured on our social media pages. Simply tag us using @infiniteflight, or use hashtags #infiniteflight and #GADay. We look forward to seeing all your amazing photos!

Tips from the User Guide!

Visual Flight Rules (VFR) are a set of regulations that must be followed by pilots when operating an aircraft visually; and specifically, in Visual Meteorological Conditions (VMC).

Flights conducted under VFR can only be operated if the weather conditions are suitable. This means the pilot must be able to:

1) navigate visually;

2) and ‘see & avoid’ obstacles such as terrain and other aircraft

52 Likes

Ooooouuh yeah. Time to leave heavies and pay attention to little birds 😎

2 Likes

oh this would be nice to come back to from ts!

1 Like

Cant join :-( I‘ll go to Mallorca :)

Ooo, Peru has a very paradice feel

1 Like

Another underrated country getting some love. The scenery there is just beautiful 😊

1 Like

wait hold on

1 Like

Awesome!!!

Expect to see a lot of IFGAC pilots should be a fun one!

Thanks Misha!!

-Blake | President

1 Like

???

I swear I’ll go to Mallorca 😂 I’ll come with easyJet from Basel :) till 11 October

Am I stupid or is ‘Paradise’ misspelled as ‘Paradice’ in the title

1 Like

Oh that’s really nice, you will enjoy it :) But not the best time to visit the beaches lol

1 Like

@MishaCamp can explain it

Why? 😂

I also want visit other things :)

I mean, we have beautiful things, but the beaches are the most cool ones. But anyways you will love it!

1 Like

SPGL Chagual, approach from the NE

I don’t get what everybody is so excited about.
ATC wise, my experience, has been the worst. I haven’t been able to control not one pilot. I wasted more than one hour in two featured airports that not one seemed to care about. Only the two airports featured in the flash flight are full and staffed by one controller at a time obviously, so it’s also unfair to the rest of the ATC staff, who isn’t allowed to control any other airport or FIR that would be surely more active than the featured ones. I hope someone agrees with me.
Btw thanks to all the pilots and more to the ATC staff for their fine work. I can’t wait its 1800Z.

Maybe you would get some traffic if you opened for more than 28 and 25 minutes…short of the IFATC requirement too for what it’s worth.

I’m sorry we disagree on this one… but I really don’t think that 2 or 5 minutes would’ve made the difference. What would have been different if I stayed 35 or 45 minutes? After sometime that I don’t see anyone, I have better things to do than to wait for people.
Btw this was just the impression on my experience of today, I’m not criticizing anything or anyone, so I don’t really want or need a debate.
Thanks and have a good one!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.