02OCT20 / 0600Z - Friday Night Flight: Connecting Southern Africa @ FAOR

This week we are heading to southern Africa, using airports that have either never been featured in a Friday Night Flight, or have had very limited coverage in the past on the ATC schedule! These airports range from airports in Zimbabwe to the Madagascan island, from the Tanzanian Archipelago to the vast expanses of Chad, and from the infamous island of St Helena to the Namibian hub of Windhoek.

We’ll have Johannesburg as our hub, an airport capable of catering to huge amounts of traffic. No other airports in South Africa will be open during this event. Routes are flown by a number of airlines, with the most common being that of South African, but also operated by a number of smaller airlines and charters.

Boiling an egg in Johannesburg takes one minute longer than in London. Why is this?

• They have bigger eggs
  • The water takes longer to boil due to its mineral composition
  • Due to the latitudinal position south of the equator
  • Johannesburg is 2000ft higher than London

0 voters

So, post your best screenshots on Instagram or Twitter and tag us for a chance to have one featured on our social media pages. Simply tag us using @infiniteflight, or use hashtags #infiniteflight and #fridaynightflight. We look forward to seeing all your amazing photos!

Event Specifics

Server: Any
Aircraft: Any
Livery: Any

Begin - Friday 2nd October @ 06:00 ZULU

End - Saturday 3rd OCtober @ 06:00 ZULU

October 2, 2020October 3, 2020

Airports

Airports:

FAOR O R Tambo International Airport HUB

Primary Airports

FTTJ N’Djamena International Airport
FLKK Kenneth Kaunda International Airport
FVRG Robert Gabriel Mugabe International Airport
FLHN Harry Mwaanga Nkumbula International Airport
HTZA Abeid Amani Karume International
FZAA N’djili Airport
FWKI Lilongwe International Airport
FQMA Maputo International Airport
FVFA Victoria Falls Airport
FYWH Hosea Kutako International Airport
FMMI Ivato International Airport
FBSK Sir Seretse Khama International Airport
FDSK King Mswati III International Airport

Secondary Airports

FQNP Nampula Airport
FMNN Fascene Airport
FQBR Beira Airport
FYWB Walvis Bay Airport
FHSH Saint Helena Airport

NOTAMs Pattern work at ATC discretion. Check airport ATIS for aircraft size restrictions

Established Routes

FAOR-FTTJ:
FAOR NESAN EVIPI ETMIT EXIRO OKLAP UDKOL DUSVA UTROV XOTON XOSIV AVOMU IXATA ITLOR ETOXO AKMEX AMROV ANOTO APOSO MBY BIMAP NEGTO RAPOL PISPA UPARA BUMEL EGAKI RISOD SOLPA SEVIT TUSOX VOLDA TEKTI MPK POKOT GUPOT RULDO NUROK CHARI D115N RAKUT FTTJ

FVRG-FAOR:
FVRG AXILA UTULI VMV TOY NEVUK WIV D088R HGV FAOR

FAOR-HTZA:
FAOR UNDIT NEVUK XARMA XATNU EPSEK NIGOD XABAK GESAS OKBOK VBR NETAN AXIBO EPNOM OKBIM ITKED BONAP BOTEN HTZA

FZAA-FAOR:
FZAA ABGUV EMTAB MIPKU INUGA EKBER AXUGO VUE BUGRO MNV SOKIM EKBID UDBUL EXOKU UTEBA NIBEX JSV30 109DM DM10B 78DME FAOR

FAOR-FWKI:
FAOR EGMEN VMV AXILA APLIS AVOSI USUBI ELEPA FWKI

FYWH-FAOR:
FYWH EGMAS USUNO GENUD AVESI EPMAX TETUS ETBUX XANRO GAV JS035 JS036 JS037 FAOR

FAOR-FMMI:
FAOR EXOBI ESVEV IMKID UVITI ORNAD VMA USUMO ETIVI IMPAM SUNIR VSQ D232S D251Q BALBY FMMI

FHSH-FAOR:
FHSH XALVI APDEM UTSAL EPRIS GABSI EPMON NIGEM UBVEM TETUS JS035 JS036 JS037 FAOR

Suggested STARs

Suggested STAR’s

AVIL1A
AVAG1C
NIBE1B
NIBE2A
OKPI4A
WIV3C
WIV4A

Suggested STAR’s Map

74 Likes

Awesome, can’t wait! 😎

3 Likes

Looks great, can’t wait for some Johannesburg action!

3 Likes

South Africa 🤩

Been waiting for an African FNF for so long already 🤩🤩🤩🤩 Most underrated continent in IF

5 Likes

Nice FNF Misha.

1 Like

There was one a few weeks ago I am pretty sure. In Algeria I think.

1 Like

Algeria but I’ve never seen a FNF or IFATC schedule for e.g. Chad, Namibia, Zimbabwe or Zambia

3 Likes

Perfect. Just to let you know that they haven’t neglected the continent of Africa.

1 Like

Nice FNF as always Misha!

Nice to see Africa featuring in FNF again. Let’s try to spread out, there are some nice airports featured there such as Victoria Falls and Zanzibar etc.

Ps. Interesting poll Misha 😉

1 Like

The Algeria FNF was nearly half a year ago, the continent of Africa is kinda neglected don’t lie

I’m giving Misha credit for this one tho, I love flying in Africa so I really like this FNF, especially the other airports featured 🤤🤤🤤

4 Likes

Pretty sure that the lower air pressure at Johannesburg would lead to water boiling at a lower temperature and hence reaching the boiling point earlier. I’m more inclined to say mineral/salt composition would affect the boiling point more. Unless someone else has another point of view to explain the longer cook times for boiled eggs.

2 Likes

South Africa… I dig it. Well done guys.

1 Like

Ooh! Nice FNF Misha!

1 Like

Wonderful choice @MishaCamp, I think it’s the first FNF event using the main FAOR comp HUB since I downloaded the IF.

This will be an awesome one to control! Thanks, Misha!

Catch me piloting that Delta A350 to Atlanta.

2 Likes

Nice, i Wanna fly more :)