02AUG21 / 0600Z - GA Day: Small Island, Big Views @ Singapore

It’s time for the monthly GA Day event, and we’re heading to Singapore! The area has a long history in Infinite Flight, being one of our region areas from many years ago. Users that have been with us for a while will remember some of the popular airports, however, if you are new there is plenty to explore! Airports will be open in the Singapore area, plus in surrounding nations nearby.

Please be aware that WSSS airport will not be active during this 24h period. Aircraft are free to fly there, however, there will be no IFATC presence. Please be aware of aircraft size restrictions in place at certain airports, and make sure to follow TFR guidance if present at the airport. Military aircraft will be permitted at military airports used as event airports only, and not at any other event airport.

Event Details

This event is on the Expert Server and will last 24 hours. We hope you take full advantage of these events to practice important aspects of general aviation flying on Infinite Flight. This event allows you to practice on the reworked C172, XCub, and TBM-930, whilst also flying the C208 and SR22 aircraft alongside the Spitfire and P38.

Airports
Airport ICAO

WSAT
WSAG
WSSL
WSAP
WIDD
WIDN
WIDS
WMBT
WMKM
WMKN
WIEE
WIBB

Event Specifics

Server: Any
Aircraft: C172, C208, SR22, XCub, Spitfire, P38 and TBM aircraft ONLY at airports with TFRs
Livery: Any

Begin - Monday 2nd August @ 06:00 ZULU

End - Tuesday 3rd August @ 06:00 ZULU

August 2, 2021August 3, 2021

NOTAMs Pattern work at ATC discretion. No commercial aircraft permitted at event airports. C172, C208, SR22, XCub, Spitfire, P38, and TBM aircraft only at select TFR airports. Failure to adhere to TFR will result in ATC report.

So, post your best screenshots on Instagram or Twitter and tag us for a chance to have one featured on our social media pages. Simply tag us using @infiniteflight, or use hashtags #infiniteflight and #GADay. We look forward to seeing all your amazing photos!

Tips from the User Guide!

Visual Flight Rules (VFR) are a set of regulations that must be followed by pilots when operating an aircraft visually; and specifically, in Visual Meteorological Conditions (VMC).

Flights conducted under VFR can only be operated if the weather conditions are suitable. This means the pilot must be able to:

1) navigate visually;

2) and ‘see & avoid’ obstacles such as terrain and other aircraft

57 Likes

wow this looks pretty cool!!! thx misha!

4 Likes

Really good event Misha 😍!!!

2 Likes

Love the GA days, thank you Misha!

1 Like

cool event I just might fly there. question it says that the small aircraft are only permitted at the small airports does that mean we could fly into WSSS with commercial still?

Yes. You could still fly to WSSS with commercial aircraft, however IFATC wont be opening WSSS during the event time :)

1 Like

Ok thought so thanks!

1 Like

I just flew into WSSS from London in a BA 77W and just took off again with the same plane to continue on to Sydney.

Are local flights within Singapore allowed?

Also, who will ATC report if an unsafe situation occurs between VFR aircraft?

Can’t wait for this event

1 Like

I would assume you could do local flights, in reason. Also to learn more about VFR rules on safe conditions, I would read the VFR guide listed above. Also, Mark (Skyhawk Heavy) made some good videos for VFR right of way. I’ll list the video below for you to use as a reference.

VFR Right Of Way Tutorial - YouTube

Actually I’m specifically wondering about the issue where you fly in front and interfere with someone out of your view (eg. behind you). Are you expected to still keep an eye on the radar?

This is cool

I think that they might report someone in that situation. It is best to maintain separation and keep a keen eye on other aircraft, hence ‘see & avoid’

Can we fly fighters like F22/F16/F14/F18? The event specifics are different from the messages in the game TFR

No - only the aircraft specified above will be allowed inside the TFRs.

If you break this rule - you will receive a Level 3 violation.

1 Like

TFR in the game isn‘t the same as IFC Notams

1 Like

Check this

2 Likes

@IFVN-TaiXipo 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

That was kinda embarrassing.

Who knew the SR22 Tokyo drifts really easily.

And I had no idea what the taxiway layout looked like lol.

1 Like