01MAR21 - GA Day by Infinite Flight

Our second ever GA Day event turns to the stunning locations surrounding the Adriatic Sea. Croatia, Slovenia, and Bosnia and Herzegovina will play host to this month’s event. Known for the sunny shorts, historical locations, and all-round sunny climate, the area also has a thriving GA sector taking people on sightseeing trips. The terrain includes beachy areas, rolling hills, and if you go further afield, mountains to the North!

Event Details

This event in on the Expert Server and will last 24 hours. We hope you take full advantage of these events to practice important aspects of general aviation flying on Infinite Flight. This event allows you to practice on the reworked C172, XCub, and TBM-930, whilst also flying the C208 and SR22 aircraft alongside the Spitfire and P38.

Airports
Airport ICAO Frequencies Country
LDLO Tower, Approach Croatia
LDPL Tower, Approach Croatia
LDZD Tower, Approach Croatia
LDRI Tower, Approach Croatia
LDSR Tower, Approach Croatia
LDRG Tower Croatia
LJPZ Tower, Approach Slovenia
LJNM Tower Slovenia
LQMP Tower Bosnia and Herzegovina
LQMO ATIS, Ground, Tower, Approach Bosnia and Herzegovina
Event Specifics

Server: Any
Aircraft: C172, C208, SR22, XCub, Spitfire, P38 and TBM aircraft ONLY
Livery: Any

Begin - Monday 1st March @ 06:00 ZULU

End - Tuesday 2nd March @ 06:00 ZULU

March 1, 2021March 2, 2021

NOTAMs Pattern work at ATC discretion. No commercial aircraft permitted at event airports. C172, C208, SR22, XCub, Spitfire, P38, and TBM aircraft only at all hub airports. Failure to adhere to TFR will result in ATC report.

So, post your best screenshots on Instagram or Twitter and tag us for a chance to have one featured on our social media pages. Simply tag us using @infiniteflight, or use hashtags #infiniteflight and #GADay. We look forward to seeing all your amazing photos!

Tips from the User Guide!

Visual Flight Rules (VFR) are a set of regulations that must be followed by pilots when operating an aircraft visually; and specifically, in Visual Meteorological Conditions (VMC).

Flights conducted under VFR can only be operated if the weather conditions are suitable. This means the pilot must be able to:

1) navigate visually;

2) and ‘see & avoid’ obstacles such as terrain and other aircraft

https://infiniteflight.com/guide/flying-guide/take-off-to-cruise/visual-flight-rules-(vfr)-departure-navigation#vfr-pre-flight-procedures

92 Likes

Lovely Misha, can’t wait for tomorrow:)

5 Likes

Yesss! GA day is great, happy it’s starting to get represented more!

3 Likes

This is awesome!! See you then

This GA Day thing is really impressing me, ngl.

2 Likes

If only there was a GA va/vo I could be apart of… @Cooper_Marcukaitis ;)

1 Like

Its gonna be on a school day Im just gonna do it now instead :)

1 Like

Looks good! Can’t wait!

Oooo The Balkans are certainly the best part of Europe imo

Looks fun, nice to see such a beautiful region getting the recognition it deserves

1 Like

Nice Misha!
I can’t wait to ride my TBM!

Awesome Misha! I think this will be a first for me to fly in that area!

Awesome, I sure am going to have fun tomorrow

But isn’t the CX labeled as a GA aircraft to.

1 Like

Nice! Can’t wait for tomorrow

Yes! It’s my birthday tomorrow too! I can’t wait!

3 Likes

Woo! So excited for this! 😄😄😄

Y’all needed a GA… day, Really?? A whole day all to yourselves?!

1 Like

I usually hate flying GA but since this place has nice scenery I’m going to give it a shot.

1 Like

For those of you having time to do this here is amasing route for VFR and great shots. Take off LDDU 11, fly over hills on your left and pass by LYTV, here you will see one of Adriatic “fjord” like bays. Turn back to LDDU and head NERRA to fly over Peljesac for some amasing sunset / sunrise shots. Now either attempt landing LDDP or turn sharp back and then proceed up north to Land / fly by LQMO. in Herzegovina. Bosnia is northern part of country. If flying by only, watch mountain ahead as they raise in front of you (another amasing shots site depending your likes and I would advise to play with sunset or sunrise). From here, back to Croatia and fly up the adriatic to LDSB and then try flying over LDSP approaching via SB601, low fly with mountain on you right for more great shots.
Now…follow coastline to LDZD and pass slightly west to ZD951 now turn right over the mountains for LQMP (tip: now you are in Bosnia). From LQMP straight to LDPL (here if we would have 3d you could find Pula Roman amphitheatre (google it its cool). Now sharp right to LJNM up to LJLJ for some alpine shots and LJPZ finishing approaching from TUTIV over Triest bay. Wishing you great weather an cool shoots. BTW setting your game time to Feb 27 23:15 UTC will cet you in to clear skies with full moon
Have fun !

9 Likes