01JUN20/1900z - Operation Backup Inspiration Infinite Flight Version @ CYXX

Operation Backup Inspiration - Infinite Flight

Hello IFC, as most of you know, earlier this week Snowbird 2 crashed in Kamloops. To me, it hits very close to home. Only a couple days after, on May 18, the BCGA (British Columbia General Aviation Association) rounded up 35 pilots who volunteered two hours of their time to fly this route below to honour Capt. Jenn Casey.
Photograph of the IRL Operation Backup Inspiration:

Route:

What I would like to do, would be to honour Captain Jennifer Casey and all those effected by recreating this flight in Infinite Flight.
The flight “IRL” had 31 pilots. However, many more wished to join and they could not due to social distancing and BCGA’s wish to stay safe.

As we do not need to social distance in Infinite Flight, there is no limit to how many pilots may choose to participate.

The following guidelines must be followed to the letter when in the air:

• There will be NO formation flying, aircraft will follow aircraft in front, single file.
  • On departure and throughout the flight a minimum of 0.5nm spacing is required.
  • Only GA prop aircraft are permitted.
  • Flight will start at CYXX, fly over Langley, Whiterock, Surrey, Maple Ridge, Coquitlam and Vancouver/North Van.
  • At the end if the route, aircraft will break and fly to their “home airport” which they will select on signup.
  • All aircraft will be between 65 and 90 knots IAS at all times during the flight until we break.

Please confirm you’ve read the above by replying that you have information “Tango”.

To sign up, follow the steps below

• State which aircraft you will fly
  • State callsign
  • State “Home Airport”
Suggested Home Airports

CYPK - Pitt Meadows
CYXX - Abbotsford Intl.
CYNJ - Langley
CYYJ - Victoria
CZBB - Boundary Bay

Route to copy:
[TBD]
Cruising Alt. will be between 1500 and 2500
Speed should be between 65 and 90 knots IAS the entire flight until we break
SERVER: Expert

Participants

CONFIRMED - The Infinite Flight Blue Angels!

InfiniteFlight_2020-05-03-12-50-30
InfiniteFlight_2020-05-19-03-42-57
Maneuvers:

• Flat pass
  • Echelon parade
  • Possibly a diamond roll
  • and to finish off, a missing man formation

Currently three Angels will be flying!
EDIT: Thanks @TimShan05 for moving this to the correct category, my bad!

4 Likes

TBM 930
C-GSSY
CYQQ (one of the many homes of the snowbirds)

2 Likes

Awesome, you’re signed up!

1 Like

I’ll sign up, sounds fun!

TBM-930
T-BOLT
CYYJ (One of my favorite Canadian airports)

3 Likes

Don’t forget to add the airport to the title btw! Currently looking if I can attend!

3 Likes

I’ll sign you up!!

2 Likes

I encourage more Cessnas and lighter aircraft to sign up as well since those were many of the aircraft used in the IRL Operation Backup Inspiration.

1 Like

I’ll take an XCub, do you mind if I fly the set route then fly off VFR? No set airport, if anything I’ll return back to Abottsford at some point.

3 Likes

That’s perfectly fine! What callsign would you be using?

1 Like

I’ll be using EC-123. 🙂

2 Likes

CYXX,
AC,
TBM930

Thank you!

1 Like

Signed up! Thanks!

1 Like

I’ll fly with ILOVE, TBM at CYQQ. Callsign VSCOGIRL.

3 Likes

What callsign would you like to use?

1 Like

Haha! Sounds good!

1 Like

TBM 930, ANGEL6, CYNJ please!😉😁

1 Like

For sure! ;)

UPDATE: The Infinite Flight Blue Angels team will be performing a flyover of Abbotsford Intl. Airport to kick off the flight!
InfiniteFlight_2020-05-19-03-42-57
InfiniteFlight_2020-05-03-12-50-30
Photo creds: @PilotMatt

1 Like

@ILOVE7879-2.0 @Thunderbolt @Ecoops123 @Andrea @Starz @PilotMatt

I’ve edited the event and I need everyone to confirm they have the current information for it by following the instructions beneath the guidelines

1 Like

I’ll take a gate
T-HOMAS | TBM-930 | CYXX.

1 Like